Healthy has a whole new yummy kick, y’all!! This easy spinach salad with tangy balsamic dressing takes simple goodness to a whole new delicious level!!
Easy Spinach Salad With Tangy Balsamic Dressing Surprises and Delights…
I admit that I am a BIG comfort food eater. And, I love, love, love meals that slow cook all day in big cast iron pots. Comfort food is just in my blood, and I’m not ashamed of it at all. Nope.
But, there’s another side of me that likes simple, healthy dishes. Ya know, the no muss, no fuss variety that makes you feel good about what you are putting into your body.
So, there are almost always assorted fresh veggies, and big bags of spinach in our fridge. And, Mark and I usually eat simple spinach salads roughly once or twice per week. Truth be told, I’ve been holding the recipe for this easy spinach salad out on y’all. Yep, and a shameful shake of the head… Sorry, but I thought it was just tooo easy to share.
Then, one day I realized that easy was good. And that I was hogging this insanely delicious tangy balsamic dressing I came up with one day from y’all without cause. With only 5 ingredients in the salad, it’s really easy to whip up. It’s also easy to substitute with whatever you have on hand. And the dressing, y’all!! Tabasco raspberry chipotle sauce and honey inject balsamic vinegar with a sweet and tangy kick that Mark and I just can’t get enough of!!
The balsamic reduction dressing takes just minutes to make. However, it adds such a surprising and delightful ‘kick’ to the salad that makes it sooo unique and special. Trust me, you’ll want to share it with everyone you know and love. Ya know, like I’m doing…
And, since it looks so much like Christmas, I think now is the perfect time to share it…
To begin, combine the three tangy balsamic reduction dressing ingredients together in a small saucepan. Then, bring them to a boil over medium high heat:
After about 10 minutes, the tangy balsamic dressing reduces by about half. So, when it looks like the pic below, take it off of the fire. Then, let it come down to room temperature:
Next, drizzle it over the prepped fresh spinach, grape tomatoes, green onions, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese:
Then, sit back and enjoy your easy spinach salad with tangy balsamic dressing with one of your favorite peeps. Enjoy all year long, and see y’all on the yum side…
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar (I love and use Alessi)
- 1 tablespoon honey (I love and use Bernard's)
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco raspberry chipotle sauce
- 1 pound fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Combine vinegar, honey, and Tabasco raspberry chipotle sauce in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil for about 10 minutes, or until the balsamic reduction dressing reduces by about half.
- Let cool for about five minutes.
- Divide salad ingredients over two small plates.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
- Serve immediately.