These best ever soft gluten free Snickerdoodles cookies are light and airy yum-deliciousness, ya'll. A grain free cassava flour base featuring butter, white sugar and brown sugar sets the stage. Then, the dough is formed into balls that are dipped in the traditional cinnamon sugar coating before their quick bake time. Making roughly 35 cookies per batch, this easy gluten free cookies recipe helps you share your home-baked food love with all of your friends and family at once. Yep and yay...
Disclosure: A Sprinkling of Cayenne is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Best Ever Soft Gluten Free Snickerdoodles Cookies Gives You Back the Nostalgic Taste You Love And Need
Since I went gluten free in 2010, I've lived without some of my most beloved food items for a while now. Most of the time I don't miss the old glutenous days when I could eat whatever I wanted to with reckless abandon.
However, some oldies but goodies pop up into my mind from time to time. Most of them I've remade, like my Trinity Roux™, which allows me to make all sorts of Cajun and Creole dishes taste just like wheat-laden counterparts.
But, the memories of some of them lie dormant. Keeping silent in the back of my mind and heart for a while. And then out of nowhere, exploding into full-blown cravings that I suddenly just couldn't live without.
Well, that's exactly what happened to me the other day with Snickerdoodles cookies. I had a memory. Then I had a craving. And, next thing you know, I'm waking up at stupid o'clock in the morning thinking about every single Snickerdooles cookie that I've ever eaten in my life!! Yep!
I re-examined the taste in my mind's eye. Then, I remembered that I liked the soft ones sooo much better than the crispy ones. And then I couldn't stop thinking about the cinnamon-sugar coating that made the buttery, sugary cookie taste go pop, pop, pop in your mouth!
So, I went straight into my pantry and took out my beloved cassava flour, y'all...And I came up with these best ever soft gluten free Snickerdoodles cookies as fast as I could!!
How to Make Gluten Free Snickerdoodles Cookies the Softest, Bestest Ever
Begin the gluten free Snickerdoodles by mixing the lemon juice and baking soda together in a bowl. It will fizz greatly. Give it a few seconds and wait for the fizzing to subside. Then, give it a stir and set it aside:
In another bowl, stir the cinnamon into granulated sugar, and set aside:
Then, add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and process until well-combined:
Next, form into balls and roll into the cinnamon sugar. (Your raw gluten free Snickerdoodles cookies balls do NOT have to look perfect. Mine didn't, but the cookies turned out beautiful).
Finally, bake for 8 minutes per batch, and let cool for at least 30 minutes right on the tray.
And that's it, y'all!!! I turned out 3 batches, adding up to around 35 cookies. Well, it could have been 36 or even 37 cookies, because I might have eaten a warm one or two because I just couldn't stand it anymore. Yep. 🙂
The soft cassava flour base makes each bite of these cookies straight melt-in-your-mouth. Then, the white and brown sugars come together for a flavor symphony that starts high and ends blissfully low. And the cinnamon sugar coating!! This trademark Snickerdoodles trait stays strong from first bite to last, giving you that pre-gluten free cookie nostalgia that's powerful enough to permanently erase every bad GF cookie experience you've EVER had from your mind. For realz....
Share these best ever gluten free soft Snickerdoodles cookies with those whose returning presence into your life warms your soul and overfills your heart. And see y'all on the yum side...
Best Ever Soft Gluten Free Snickerdoodles Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons gluten free vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups cassava flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir the cinnamon into the ⅓ cup of sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pour the lemon juice into another small glass bowl. Add the baking soda. Wait until the fizzing subsides, then stir. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, the granulated sugar and the brown sugar in a Kitchenaid mixer for 2 minutes using medium speed.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, salt and lemon juice/baking soda mixture. Process for 30 seconds over low speed. Scrape down sides of bowl, if necessary.
- Add the cassava flour in small batches, incorporating over low speed until well-combined. Scrape down sides of bowl, and process for an additional 30 seconds.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Rest the dough for 30 minutes.
- Use a small cookie scoop or plastic tablespoon scoop to form small balls of dough. Roll the balls into the cinnamon sugar mixture, then place on parchment paper at least two inches apart. (The balls wills spread out during baking.)
- Bake each batch for 8 minutes. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before transferring to airtight container.