The best of two culinary worlds, my new Cajun crack slaw egg roll in a bowl surprises and delights. The browned Cajun trinity and ground beef, enveloped in an ultra-flavorful sauce that takes minutes to make. Then topped to perfection with tender, Cajun-style cooked down cole slaw mix and seasoned shrimp. Keto, Paleo, grain free, gluten free, low carb cabbage recipe yum-deliciousness. Yep and yay...
Disclosure: A Sprinkling of Cayenne is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Cajun Crack Slaw Egg Roll in a Bowl Silences the Cabbage Craving Dragon Inside
Y'all, ever since New Year's, I haven't been able to keep my mind off of cabbage. Nope. I've been craving cooked cabbage, raw cabbage, and anyway I can get it cabbage for daayyysss now!! I've been wanting cabbage soooo badly that I was hoarding a whole cabbage AND two bags of cole slaw mix in the fridge. Yep, and shameless nod of the head...
Well, yesterday I had my latest bout of 'I've gotta cabbage right, right now,' thought. So, I created this Cajun crack slaw egg roll in a bowl in my attempt to silence the cabbage eating dragon living deep, deep inside of me -- for at least until next week. This low carb cabbage recipe's pretty quick, super easy, and full of layered flavor. Best of all, it tastes even better the next day. Yay.
How to Make Cajun Crack Slaw Egg Roll in a Bowl Your New One Pot Meal Ace in the Hole
To begin the Cajun crack slaw egg roll in a bowl, make the simple sauce using the pantry ingredients. Then, season the shrimp and set aside. Next, brown the Cajun trinity in butter or oil in a cast iron skillet. Add ground beef, cook until browned.
Pour the sauce into the skillet. Then, add the cole slaw mix or shredded cabbage and carrots. And let it cook down for a bit Cajun style, until the veggies are super soft and oh soooo yummy tender!
Finally, add the seasoned shrimp to the skillet. Cook for an additional few minutes, until shrimp are opaque. And that is all there is to making this light-as-a-feather egg roll in a bowl.
Featuring predominant Asian flavors cooked down south Louisiana style, this substantial low carb dish comforts, satisfies and satiates. All-night long refrigeration allows all of the flavors to further intermingle into multi-dimensional yum-deliciousness. So, Cajun crack slaw egg roll in a bowl is definitely the dish to make today to pre-meditate tomorrow's mouthwatering leftovers. Share with those who'll truly appreciate your super flavorful, double-meat dinnertime treat. And see y'all on the yum side...
Cajun Crack Slaw Egg Roll in a Bowl
For the Cajun Crack Slaw Egg Roll in a Bowl Sauce
For the Seasoned Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter or oil
- black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
For the Cajun Crack Slaw Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, choppes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 6 to 8 cups cole slaw mix
- Make the sauce by mixing the gluten free soy sauce, sweet red chili sauce, minced garlic, sesame oil, ginger, green pepper sauce, hot mustard and honey together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Season the shrimp with the parsley flakes, lemon pepper, paprika and black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Brown the Cajun trinity of onion, green bell pepper and celery in a 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- Add the ground beef. Cook until browned. Drain fat, if necessary, and return to skillet.
- Stir the sauce into the veggie and ground beef mixture until well-incorporated.
- Place the cole slaw mix over the veggie, sauce, and ground beef mixture.
- Cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cabbage wilts and cooks down into the mixture until very soft.
- Stir the seasoned shrimp into the mixture.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the shrimp turns opaque.
- Serve immediately, or let cool and refrigerate.