Mark and I eat at home most of the time. So, I’m always on the lookout for something that makes us feel like we’re at a restaurant when we’re really sitting on the sofa, eating in front of the TV. Mark’s the grillmaster around here, and I am the chief marinade and sauce maker. Thing is, he’s already got his end of the bargain down pat. Perfect, actually. But, to keep up my end of the deal, I am continuously developing new marinades and sauces til they wow both of us. It’s a tedious, never-ending development process, but I love, love, love it. And I wouldn’t have it another way. Nope. These chicken skewers with Asian awesome sauce testify to our marriage made in Heaven, that’s fo sho. And the sauce, y’all, the sauce..
Disclosure: A Sprinkling of Cayenne is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
See that beautiful deep red color? That comes from a mix of GF teriyaki sauce, Siracha, molasses, and ketchup. Yum.
And those pops of deep, dark green? Those are fresh green onions and crumbled dried basil leaves. Yum again! And you can use fresh basil leaves if ya got ’em, just use half of what’s called for in the recipe. Unless you want your sauce to have a big basil punch. Then, I say carry on, my fellow basil-loving friend, carry on.
Easy Chicken Skewers With Asian Awesome Sauce for Dinner Anyone?
My best tip for making skewered chicken with Asian awesome sauce is to invest in a really good pair of stainless steel skewers. They’re not very expensive and you don’t have to soak them like wooden skewers. Besides, it’s just fun to skewer all kinds of foods, and who has time to keep buying wooden skewers again and again when you can just buy stainless steel skewers once? Not me. Nope.
Happy skewering y’all…
Oh, and please let me know if y’all use the sauce for another dish. I’m thinking fish, I’m thinking broccoli, and I’m thinking that I can’t wait to hear what you come up with, too!!!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 T gluten free soy sauce
- 1 T rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- 1 T fresh parsley chopped
- 2 T gluten free ketchup
- 2 T gluten free teriyaki sauce
- 2 t molasses
- 1 t Sriracha
- 1 t honey
- 1 t green onion chopped
- 1 t dried basil leaves
- Cut chicken strips into 1/2-inch thick pieces. (I cut each breast horizontally into 4 pieces.)
- Prepare marinade, and cover chicken pieces with marinade in a bowl or plastic bag. Marinade for 30 minutes to 2 hours. (The marinade may get too salty for your tastes after 2 hours.)
- Prepare sauce. Divide sauce into two bowls, and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium or oven to 350 degrees.
- Discard marinade. Slide each chicken piece onto a stainless steel or wooden skewer.
- Grill for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Baste with half of the sauce while grilling.
- Serve with remaining sauce.