This easy spinach artichoke chicken pasta yields restaurant-quality sophistication in an easy-to-make home-cooked meal, y'all. Seasoned chicken breast strips roast in the oven with artichoke hearts, spinach, and pimentos while the gluten free pasta boils to al dente perfection on the stove. After a quick skillet toss, butter and Parmesan Romano cheese take this dish to 'Can we please stay in and have this yum-deliciousness for dinner?' taste and texture. Yep and yay...
Because You Can Never Have Too Many Chicken Recipes, Y'all...
If you're a regular reader of my blog, you already know how much I love chicken. It's cheap and it's tasty. And like a little black dress in the closet, it goes with almost every single thing I have sitting around in my freezer, fridge, and pantry.
Well, yet another late working day weeknight meal need arose last week. So, I knew that I needed to rise to the challenge of delivering a hot, hearty dinner for Mark and me to refuel quickly from our respective workday overloads.
Armed with 1 ½ pounds of fresh chicken breast, I set out and about my kitchen looking for just the right ingredients to create a brand new, mad dash dish.
A quick peek into the freezer revealed exactly 1 cup of frozen spinach just screaming to be thawed out. A thorough left-to-right and then right-to-left pantry hunting glance exposed half a pack of dry GF spaghetti and a can of artichoke hearts.
Finally, waiting in the fridge for me was a little lime juice, Parmesan Romano cheese, and half a jar of pimentos. The butter drawer along the fridge door did not disappoint either. There was ¾ a stick left!! So, I gave it my 'I'm going to make something new for dinner without running out to the grocery store all' y'all!!
Forty-five minutes later, I had this spinach artichoke chicken pasta on the dinner table (I mean the coffee table). And Mark's random 'yums' and 'oh this is sooo good' exclaims made me pat myself on the back for taking a few pictures before we stuffed ourselves straight silly.
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta on Yum-Delicious Purpose, Y'all
Start by putting the gluten free spaghetti on to boil. Then, preheat the oven and grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet.
Season the chicken breast strips. Then, toss them in the skillet with the thawed spinach, artichoke hearts, and pimentos.
Bake until all of the ingredients are cooked through. Then, toss with the cooked pasta. Adjust seasonings, then finish off the spinach artichoke chicken pasta with the butter and Parmesan Romano cheese.
And then dig right into the sophisticated taste and texture, y'all. The seasoned chicken releases its juices deep into the veggies that caramelize ever so slightly. So, all of their individual flavors are dispersed throughout each bite.
The buttered pasta picks up every bit of the Parmesan Romano cheese sprinkles, taking the whole dish to 'I've just gotta have one more bite' delish. Oh, the yumminess, y'all!! And it made it through the next-day taste and tenderness test like a champ!!
Share this spinach artichoke chicken pasta with those who make staying in for dinner a memorable adventure. And see y'all on the yum side...
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta
- 8 ounces gluten free spaghetti
For the Seasoned Chicken Breast Strips
For the Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon pimentos, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Romano cheese
- ¾ stick salted butter
- salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Boil the gluten free spaghetti according to the box or bag directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is boiling, season the chicken strips or cubes with the lime juice, dried dill weed, garlic powder, onion, paprika, and salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet with the 1 tablespoon of butter or oil.
- Add the seasoned chicken, artichoke hearts, spinach, pimentos, minced garlic and parsley flakes to the skillet. Stir until well-combined.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken reads at least 165 degrees F on a digital thermometer.
- Remove the hot skillet from oven carefully.
- Add the gluten free spaghetti, butter, grated cheese, and additional salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper as desired to the skillet.
- Serve immediately.