My gluten free beef Stroganoff skillet meatloaf marries two classic comfort meals into one cast iron skillet full of pure yum-deliciousness. The tender, juicy meatloaf melts delectably in your mouth. And, the south Louisiana-sassified beef Stroganoff gravy, y’all!! It’s rich, creamy texture and super seasoned flavor literally tops the meatloaf with an oh sooo ‘I can’t wait til the next bite’ delight. Oh, and it’s all grain free, too!! Yep and double yay…
I Created Gluten Free Beef Stroganoff Skillet Meatloaf For Such a Time as This…
What’s your go-to dish for those evenings when you have to cook, but just don’t want to? Mine is meatloaf.
I choose meatloaf because it’s cheap, it’s easy, and it cooks itself in the oven while I’m busy doing other things. If you’ve been following my blog, you know that this is my baking and broiling summer of ’17. I’m really, really enjoying the ease of using my oven more in the summer.
Inside of my home, the air conditioner is steady blowing down on me, so I never, ever get hot. And the oven recipes are coming out equal in taste to our usual summer fare. So, we’re going to take our grill out in early fall, when we can enjoy grilled dishes without roasting ourselves in this south Louisiana heat. Yep.
Truth be told, the first time I created my gluten free beef Stroganoff skillet meatloaf was back in October. It was good, but Mark and I decided that it needed a few tweaks before it hit the light of the Internet day.
Last fall, I tucked this recipe away in my culinary heart, waiting for just the right time to give it another go. For the last several weeks, it’s been coming to the forefront of my recipe development mind. So, I decided that right now was the time to tweak this gluten free beef Stroganoff skillet meatloaf. And, I am sooo glad that I did…
Oh Sooo Comforting Gluten Free Beef Stroganoff Skillet Meatloaf is Officially Tweaked Into Perfection, Y’all…
I’m very happy to say that I’ve put the final tweaking touches on my gluten free beef Stroganoff skillet meatloaf. And, it’s even better than I thought it would be, y’all.
Although the preparation takes a little longer than most grain or gluten free meatloaf recipes, the payoff is much, much bigger. The Cajun ‘trinity,’ hot sauce, and Creole mustard take the usual Stroganoff ingredients way, way down South. And, the creamy and tangy mushroom gravy over the top of the moist meatloaf makes it a restaurant-quality meal you can’t wait to order again. Yep.
I served my gluten free beef Stroganoff skillet meatloaf with mashed potatoes. But, this easy ground beef recipe would be awesome with gluten free noodles, and zoodles, too. Unless you’re into the gourmet sandwich thing. Then, eating a scrumptidelicious gluten free skillet meatloaf sandwich will give you an ‘eyes rolling in the back of your head’ sensation that you just don’t want to miss. Yep. Share this grain and gluten free beef Stroganoff skillet meatloaf with those who appreciate your crazy delicious food love. And see y’all on the yum side..
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. The small commissions help to support the costs associated with keeping recipes free on A Sprinkling of Cayenne food blog.
- For the Gluten Free Beef Stroganoff Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 2 chopped celery ribs
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon drained jarred pimientos
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ⅔ cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon tapioca flour
- For the Skillet Meatloaf
- 1¼ pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco Garlic Pepper Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Zatarain's Creole mustardsalt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
- ½ cup browned onion, bell pepper, and celery
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Set aside.
- Brown the Cajun 'trinity' of onion, bell pepper, and celery over medium heat in a separate skillet. When the trinity starts to brown, remove the ½ cup called for in the Skillet meatloaf ingredients. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the mushrooms to the browned trinity. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms soften and begin to brown.
- Add the garlic and pimentos, and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Pour the rest of the Gluten Free Beef Stroganoff ingredients into the skillet, and stir until well-combined.
- Cook until heated through, then remove from heat.
- Stir the cooled, browned trinity into the rest of the skillet meatloaf ingredients. Use your hands to form the ground beef mixture into a meatloaf shape. Or, press all of the ingredients into a small meatloaf pan, then pulled out the formed meatloaf.
- Place the meatloaf onto the greased 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- Cover, and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven. Remove cover, and drain fat, if necessary. If you don't use lean ground beef, you might have to use two spatulas to remove the meatloaf without breaking it. Then, you might have to drain fat, and sop up the leftover grease with paper towels.
- Place meatloaf back on skillet. Pour reserved sauce over it. Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until the meatloaf is cooked through with no pinkness remaining.
- Remove from heat, and serve immediately.