This gluten free blueberry lime pecan flaugnarde recipe is fancy, French, and yum-delicious. Coming together in roughly 45 minutes, this easy dessert recipe adapts into your grain free or Paleo diet with minimal substitutions. Yep and yay…
Disclosure: A Sprinkling of Cayenne is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Say Goodbye to Summer and Hello to Fall With This Gluten Free Blueberry Lime Pecan Flaugnarde
As the days get shorter and the winds get cooler down here in south Louisiana, I’m feeling like I want to hang on to summer bounties yet reach out for fall flavors.
I’m a blueberry girl, and lucky for me, Mark is a blueberry grower who takes excellent care of our two small bushes.
This year, our blueberry bushes produced three times more fruit than last year. Yum and yay!!! Whatever we didn’t eat right off of the bush went into one tantalizing blueberry dessert or another, or the freezer for later use.
I’m also a pecan girl. Yep. Pecans start to drop from their tree houses in early fall here, so they signify the summer-to-autumn change of season to me. Throughout fall, pecans end up in innumerable recipes that I just can’t get enough of. From Mark’s gluten free spin on his late grandmother’s amazing pecan pie, to everyone I know’s Thanksgiving sweet potato casserole. Yep, pecans are as fall to me as fall could possibly be…
So, when I had the thought to put my favorite summer and fall flavors together, the French flaugnarde came to mind. Like its cherry clafoutis cousin, flaugnarde is an easy baked dessert that you can whip up in whatever baking dish you have on hand. The inside of the dish yields a creamy, custard-like consistency that’s smooth and not-too-sweet, but blissfully sweet enough.
And the top, y’all!! It’s just thin-crunchy enough to be the perfect contrast to the custard below. So every bite of this gluten free blueberry lime flaugnarde is like ‘crunch-custard-yum’ in your mouth. Yep, yay, and see y’all on the yum side…
Gluten Free Blueberry Lime Pecan Flaugnarde
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk or half-n-half
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine blueberries, lime juice, lime zest, maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of cane sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Drain blueberries over a colander set on top of a large glass bowl.
- Melt butter in 8-inch cast iron skillet. Pour blueberries on top of melted butter.
- Mix reserved blueberry lime compote, remaining cane sugar, eggs, half-n-half, pecan halves, ginger, salt, and gluten free flour with an electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter over blueberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes. For best texture, let sit for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. Dust with confectioners sugar right before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.