Rich, creamy, and super easy to make, my gluten free Cajun shrimp and corn dip with cream cheese is made for sharing. The Cajun trinity, and roasted corn and shrimp form the base. Then, a few other select ingredients make this easy gluten free dip a crowd pleaser that's just as perfect for your party-of-two appetizer extravaganza. Yep and yay...
Disclosure: A Sprinkling of Cayenne is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Gluten Free Cajun Shrimp and Corn Dip With Cream Cheese is Now Here for Your Dipping Enjoyment, Y'all...
When I'm craving a dip to help me get my gluten free chip dunk on, I usually want one that's overflowing with south Louisiana seafood. I don't know why, but I usually associate a gluten free dip fix with creamy, shrimpy deliciousness.
So, when my latest obsessive dip thoughts sprung upon me the other day, it came as no surprise that the thought of perfectly cooked shrimp would be at the forefront of my imagination. Yep.
Besides being super tasty, shrimp cook quickly, making whipping up a dip a fun and easy endeavor. And, since shrimp pretty much go with anything, the possibilities are indeed endless.
So, this gluten free Cajun shrimp and corn dip with cream cheese arose out of my heartfelt desire to cram as many comfort food faves as I could into one, super duper yum-delicious dip...
Oh, Gluten Free Cajun Shrimp and Corn Dip With Cream Cheese, You're a Dunking Dip Super Star...Yep...
Pairing the classic Cajun shrimp and corn combination was a total no-brainer for this recipe. Once I had the two main ingredient stars picked out, assembling the rest of the gluten free Cajun shrimp and corn dip with cream cheese came together quite naturally.
For just the right flavor, I used a base of the Cajun trinity of onion, green bell pepper, and celery. A little fresh garlic, and lots of traditional south Louisiana seasonings jazzed up the trinity, corn, and shrimp.
Then, I added the Walmart's awesome, newish gluten free cream of mushroom soup for texture. And cream cheese and cheddar cheese for flavor.
After a roughly 30-minute baking time in a small cast iron Dutch oven, the hot and bubbly dip is ready for your favorite gluten free cracker or chip. Share this gluten free Cajun shrimp and corn dip with cream cheese with those you want to surprise with 'eyes rolling in the back of your head' creamy chip dunking deliciousness. And see y'all on the yum side...
Gluten Free Cajun Shrimp and Corn Dip With Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 12 ounces shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ cups corn
- 3 tablespoons Rotel tomatoes with green chilies drained
- 1 ½ tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 10.5- ounce can Great Value gluten free cream of mushroom soup
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon Crystal hot sauce
- gluten free chips or crackers for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour butter or oil and the Cajun trinity of onion, bell pepper, and celery in a 2-quart cast iron Dutch oven.
- Cook over medium high heat for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the veggies soften a bit, and the onions begin to brown around the edges.
- Add the garlic, and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir the shrimp, corn, and Rotel into the veggie mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the shrimp turns opaque.
- While the shrimp and corn are baking, combine the remaining dip ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over medium fire until the cheese melts, and all of the ingredients are well-combined.
- Remove the dutch oven from oven, and stir the soup/cheese mixture into the shrimp and veggie mixture.
- Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until the gluten free Cajun shrimp and corn dip with cream cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with gluten free crackers or chips.
The information shown is an estimate provided by a third-party, online computer-generated nutrition calculator, not a registered dietitian or certified nutritionist. Actual nutritional content will vary based upon brands used, measuring methods and individual portion sizes, along with other factors.See our full nutrition disclaimer here.