My new gluten free cheesy garlic shrimp and spinach sweet potato toast is oh sooo easy, elegant and yum-delicious, y'all. Baked frozen Sweet PotaTOASTS from the makers of CAULIPOWER form the base. Roasted herb infused-cream cheese sets the stage. Then, a quick buttery, shrimpy, cheesy and spinach-y topping pulls it all together, making this simple gluten free appetizer stun with BIG flavor and tantalizing texture in just about 30 minutes. Yep and yay...
Oh Sweet PotaTOASTS from the makers of CAULIPOWER, I Just Want to Thank You...Yep....
I recently found out about Sweet PotaTOASTS, and I was immediately intrigued. I love sweet potatoes so much that I almost always have them on hand.
I cook with them. I bake with them. I develop sweet and savory recipes with them. And Mark and I are about to add growing sweet potatoes to our list of backyard garden fun. Truth be told though, I love to eat sweet potato toasts. But, it really is a pain to make them yourself. Well, I really mean making them MYSELF because cutting things correctly just isn't my specialty. 🙂 And if we make them from scratch around here, then Mark is undoubtedly going to get stuck with the task. Yep.
Anyway, I just found out a few days ago that I could run up to my nearest Rouse's to pick up the Sweet PotaTOASTS from the makers of CAULIPOWER. I immediately got really excited, and my home cook creative juices soon followed.
You see, Sweet PotaTOASTS are frozen, ready-to-make sweet potato toasts. To make them, you simply pop your desired amount of them into your toaster, toaster oven or air fryer, and toast until done. Then, you top them with whatever you have on hand to make your own signature snack or meal.
So, think about them like veggie bread slices that you can top with fruits, veggies, cheeses, yogurt, nuts and even leftovers! They're ready in minutes, and they fit right into our gluten free and Paleo lifestyles seamlessly. They really are the best thing since sliced bread, y'all!!
Sweet PotaTOASTS from the makers of CAULIPOWER are also a good source of fiber. They contain vitamins A, B6 and C, and they're truly the world's first superfood toast. They have a green label, too, y'all, with just one single ingredient used as a quick, GF and Paleo-friendly bread replacement.
The other day, I headed out to the store to grab my very own bag of Sweet PotaTOASTS from the frozen section, near the other packaged gluten free items.
And once I brought it home, I knew that I could literally top it with anything that I wanted to!! But, true to form, I wanted to 'do these Sweet PotaTOASTS up right' with an unforgettable recipe. One that I wanted to make over and over and over again. One that, after much deliberation, turned out to be my brand spanking new gluten free cheesy shrimp and spinach sweet potato toast. Yum...
How to Make Gluten Free Cheesy Shrimp & Spinach Sweet PotaTOASTS to Impress Your People
Begin the gluten free cheesy shrimp and spinach Sweet PotaTOASTS by seasoning the shrimp in a bowl. You'll also want to grab softened cream cheese, minced or fresh garlic, and a handful of fresh chives. First, roast the fresh chives for just a few minutes in the oven. This step is optional, but the roasted chives really inject the cream cheese layer with a knock-out flavor that you don't want to miss.
While the chives are roasting, preheat your toaster oven, if necessary.
Once the chives are roasted, let them cool for a couple of minutes. Then, rough-chop them all, and stir them into the softened cream cheese:
Bake your Sweet PotaTOASTS from the makers of CAULIPOWER in your toaster, toaster oven or air fryer until done, and set aside. (Keep separate batches warm in the microwave, if desired.)
While the sweet potato toasts are baking, cook the seasoned shrimp in butter or oil in a cast iron skillet for about 1 minute. Then, add thawed frozen spinach, and more butter or oil, if needed to the skillet. Cook for just a few minutes, or until the spinach cooks through, then remove from heat:
Now, use a butter knife to top each warm Sweet PotaTOASTS with the roasted chive-infused cream cheese. And then use a slotted spoon to place the garlic shrimp and spinach on top of the cream cheese. And then continue on until you fill up the plate!! Oh, and sprinkle Parmesan/Romano cheese and paprika on top of each one for extra 'wow' factor!!
Oh so amazingly sweet potatoes, covered in roasted chive cream cheese. Then topped with garlicky, cheesy, buttery pan-sauteed shrimp and spinach. Oh, the tastes and textures here, y'all!!
And all accomplished in about 30 minutes, too!
So, yeah, I'm truly loving Sweet PotaTOASTS from the makers of CAULIPOWER, y'all. These frozen sweet potato toasts take just minutes to bake in your toaster or toaster oven. And they really were the perfect bread replacement base for these gluten free garlic shrimp and spinach sweet potato toasts.
Grab the Sweet PotaTOASTS $3 Mobile Wallet Offer Now Before It's Too Late...
Oh, and click NOW because the company is giving away a limited $3 mobile wallet rebate that you do NOT want to miss out on. Nope!! For realz, these Sweet PotaTOASTS are ahhhmazing, y'all!! Yep.
You can literally top anything in your pantry or fridge on top of these toasted frozen sweet potato toasts. And you can only win because they're the perfect handheld snack or gluten free appetizer for any occasion under the sun.
And the $3 mobile wallet rebate works like this:
- You save the offer to your mobile wallet.
- Go to the store and purchase Sweet PotaTOASTS from the makers of CAULIPOWER.
- Scan your receipt.
- Receive $3 back in your PayPal account.
But Then Come Back for My Gluten Free Garlic Shrimp and Spinach Sweet PotaTOASTS...
And then come straight back home and make my gluten free cheesy garlic shrimp and spinach Sweet PotaTOASTS, y'all!! Amazing stacked flavor atop a perfectly baked sweet potato toast, this easy gluten free appetizer's layered flavors can't be beat. Nope!
The warm, toasty Sweet PotaTOASTS straight outta the toaster oven...Covered with freshly roasted chive cream cheese spread. And topped with skillet-sauteed garlic shrimp and spinach covered in a quick, velvety butter sauce.
Oh the love for this in my heart, y'all!! It's just sooo buttery and cheesy and garlicky and shrimp-y. With spinach to pull it all together, and in-minutes-ready Sweet PotaTOASTS to eat it off like a king or queen!!
Or Mark, cause he was super happy when I was surprised him with just one more gluten free cheesy garlic shrimp and spinach sweet potato toast.
Share with those you'll save the last gluten free cheesy garlic shrimp and spinach Sweet PotaTOASTS for when you really, really want to eat it yourself. And see y'all on the yum side...
Gluten Free Cheesy Shrimp & Spinach Sweet PotaTOASTS
- 1 handful fresh chives
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 package Sweet PotaTOASTS
- 12 ounces raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon gluten free lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon pimentos, chopped, optional
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil, divided
- ½ cup frozen spinach, thawed
- salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan/Romano cheese, optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the chives in a well-seasoned 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- Roast for 4 to 5 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Set roasted chives aside for a few minutes until cool to the touch.
- Rough-chop the roasted chives, then stir them into the softened cream cheese. Set the bowl aside.
- Season the shrimp with the lemon pepper, garlic, pimentos, paprika, parsley and hot sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat your toaster oven to 350 degrees F dark setting.
- Remove the Sweet PotaTOASTS from the bag. Separate under cool slow-running water, if necessary.
- Bake in your toaster oven for a full dark setting. You may need to bake them in batches if you have a small toaster oven. If so, keep the baked ones warm in the microwave until finished.
- While the sweet potato toasts are baking, heat the 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the butter or oil, then add the seasoned shrimp. Cook for 1 minute, then add the spinach.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until the spinach cooks through and absorbs most of the butter or oil. Taste and add salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Arrange the sweet potato toasts by spreading some of the roasted herb/cream cheese mixture over the top of one of the Sweet PotaTOASTS. Then top with the seasoned shrimp and spinach mixture.
- Repeat until all or almost all of the sweet potato toasts are topped with both toppings.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan/Romano cheese and paprika before serving, if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by a third-party, online computer-generated nutrition calculator, not a registered dietitian or certified nutritionist. Actual nutritional content will vary based upon brands used, measuring methods and individual portion sizes, along with other factors.See our full nutrition disclaimer here.