This post is sponsored by Montchevre but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Oh sooo creamy with just the right amount of heat, this gluten free spicy hot crab dip with artichokes looks like Christmas, y’all!! A feisty jalapeno goat cheese and cream cheese blend inject the fresh crab meat and artichoke hearts with an unforgettable taste and texture that’s perfect for your holiday table. Yep and yay…
Disclosure: A Sprinkling of Cayenne is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I Finally Found What I Was Looking For To Make the Perfect Holiday Gluten Free Spicy Hot Crab Dip With Artichokes, Y’all…
It should come as no surprise that I named my blog after my favorite spice because I like a little kick in almost everything that I eat. Well, since the holidays are fast approaching, I’ve been on the lookout for something new and exciting to use as a flavor popper for the gluten free spicy hot crab with artichokes recipe that’s been dancing in my head for quite a while now.
Then, I laid my eyes on Montchevre’s jalapeno goat cheese log. And, I instantly knew in my heart that I found what I was looking for in terms of taste and texture. It’s made with fresh, high-quality goat’s milk that sourced from local, independent family farms. Then, it hits the hands of Montchevre’s goat-cheese making experts. They ensure the rich and smooth taste and texture of their logs to boast a fresh flavor that chefs and dedicated home cooks like me can trust and love.
Best of all, Montchevre’s jalapeno goat cheese log is high in vitamin D, protein and calcium and other vitamins and nutrients. It also contains less lactose than other types of cheese. So, I can feel confident serving this gluten free spicy hot crab and artichoke dip to my friends and family members who may be sensitive to dairy. And once I tasted it for the very first time, I knew that this was a cheese that serves as the perfect, healthier holiday lifestyle substitution for any recipe incorporating cheese. Yep.
Simplify Your Holiday Entertaining With This Easy Gluten Free Spicy Hot Crab Dip With Artichokes
If you’re anything like me, you’re constantly looking for an ‘ace in the hole’ holiday recipe. You know, the kind that takes minimal effort yet yields a big flavor and presentation payout? Well, y’all, this gluten free spicy hot crab dip with artichokes featuring Montchevre jalapeno goat cheese log is it!!
To make the dip, you brown the Cajun trinity of onion, bell pepper and celery in a small skillet. Then, you break the Montchevere jalapeno cheese log up into small pieces, and mix it into cream cheese for an added burst of creaminess. Then, you add minced garlic and a few flavor-enhancing spices. Next, you add a bit of tapioca starch to the mixture to thicken it up. Then, you stir in milk and the cheese mixture before adding the artichokes and the fresh crab meat.
Then, pour the dip into a small casserole or dip dish. Finally, bake in a preheated oven until browned and bubbly. Then, serve with gluten free toast points or crackers. You can also use fresh, cut-up veggies if you’re trying to cut down on carbs throughout the holiday season.
Rich, creamy and full of yum-delicious flavor, this dip didn’t last too long in my house. And I suspect that this gluten free spicy hot crab dip with artichokes featuring creamy, delicious and healthy Montchevre jalapeno goat cheese log isn’t going to last too long on your holiday table, either. Injected with the just right amount of heat, this dip is just as addictive to eat as it to look at!! Share this gluten free spicy hot crab and artichoke dip with those who make your holiday season merry and bright. And see y’all on the yum side…
P.S. Find even more holiday recipe inspiration for cheese boards, main dishes and desserts today! Use the handy store locator at Montchevre to find the jalapeno goat cheese log, or any one of their other fresh and delicious goat cheese log flavors.
Gluten Free Spicy Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip
- 1 1/4 cup fresh crab meat
- 1 4 ounce Montchevre jalapeno goat cheese log
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- chopped red bell peppers and green onions for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove any shell fragments from fresh crab meat and set aside.
- Cut the Montchevre jalapeno goat cheese log and the cream cheese into small pieces. Stir both cheeses together until well-combined. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, brown the onion, red bell pepper and celery.
- Add the minced garlic, and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Stir in the tapioca starch, and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Add the milk, artichoke hearts, paprika, parsley, and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Fold in the crab meat, then transfer the dip to a greased casserole or dip dish
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and browned.
- Let sit for 10 minutes. Then serve with gluten free toast points, crackers or cut-up veggies.