Y’all, bananas and chocolate chips got married in my oven, and I couldn’t be happier for them!!! Ready in about an hour, this grain free skillet chocolate chip banana bread rocks with super delicious taste and texture. Yep, yay, and serious yum to the tum…
Sometimes, Things are Just Meant to Be…
A couple of Sunday mornings ago, I was getting ready for church when hunger pangs stopped me dead in my tracks. After a quick scan of the fridge, I realized that I had nothing prepared to eat for breakfast before I headed out of the door.
So, I had two choices. I could cook up a little something for myself. Or, I could whip of a batch of something for my church family to enjoy during our refreshment time.
With one eye on the kitchen clock, and the other scanning the kitchen for sundries, I envisioned a tasty baked good that I could create in one hour tops. So, I grabbed the cassava flour and almond flour. Then, I went to look for canned or frozen fruit to make something really similar to my strawberry banana date breakfast cake.
Except, I had the bananas. But not the strawberries or the dates. Or any other fruit. So, when my eye caught the bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips, I just rolled with it…
How to Make Grain Free Skillet Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I used the base for my strawberry banana date breakfast cake, changing around a few things to use what I had on hand. I mashed the bananas in the bottom of my KitchenAid mixing bowl. Next, I poured almond flour, cassava flour, sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and baking soda into the bowl. I mixed it on medium speed for about 90 seconds. Then, I hand-mixed the chocolate chips into the bowl:
Next, I poured it into a greased 12-inch cast iron skillet, and baked it for 40 minutes:
I covered it with foil, and took it to church. At refreshment time, I was validated by more than a few compliments from my church family. So, I am declaring this gluten free banana bread recipe adaptation a winner, y’all!! Enjoy it with others when you can…
And, have a slice of grain free skillet chocolate banana bread all by yourself whenever you feel the need. See y’all on the yum side…
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet with the 3 tablespoons butter. Set aside.
- Mash bananas with a fork or potato masher in bottom of an electric mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, butter, vanilla extract, baking soda, and sugar. Beat over low speed for about 1 minute.
- Add the almond flour and cassava flour. Beat over medium speed for about 90 seconds.
- Remove mixing bowl from stand, and stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into the greased cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes back clean.
- Cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.