My brand new keto and gluten free Cajun style melt in your mouth chicken with broccoli is a must-try, y'all!! It all starts with a fridge and pantry sauce-covered double chicken breast over large-chopped Cajun trinity veggies. Then, frozen broccoli gets sprinkled around the breast before being baked into eyes-rolling-into-the-back-of-your-head deliciousness. It's truly a light and creamy one-pot meal that tastes just as fantastic the next day. Yep and yay...
Disclosure: A Sprinkling of Cayenne is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Sometimes You Have Like 10 Minutes to Get Dinner in the Oven...
Most of the time, I am a dedicated cast iron cook who's always up for a long and lingering dinnertime challenge. Like my other cast iron cooking internet friend-family members, I ooh and aah over recipes that take hours of preparation and cook time. I don't know why exactly, but I gain great satisfaction out of mastering intermediate and advanced cooking techniques.
Slow-cooked anything just generally tastes better to me. And since Mark feels the same way, I usually take quite a bit of time prepping and cooking our meals. We are the type of married couple who considers these meals the highlight of our day, especially on the weekends.
But, there are some weeknight occasions where I've been so busy writing that I've completely forgotten all about dinner, y'all! And I have to scramble to put something edible together at the very last minute.
Well, one day last year I found myself in this uncomfortable predicament. It was a high-writing day for me, and I had like 10 minutes to get my double chicken breast prepped and into the oven.
I jumped online searching for easy chicken breast recipes. And I found like a dozen recipes for melt in your mouth chicken. So, I figured that it had to be good, and I went ahead and made it. Mark and I were both shocked at how downright amazing it was, y'all!! So flavorful and tender and juicy that we just couldn't get enough of it!!
I honestly do not know who created melt in your mouth chicken. So, if you're reading this and it was you, or you know who it was, please email me immediately so I can give credit where credit is due. And thank you, thank you!!
Since then, I've made it at least twice a month. And I eventually transformed the basic recipe into my own keto and gluten free Cajun style melt in your mouth chicken with broccoli. I love my version because the ingredients include a couple of nods to my home state. And because it utilizes frozen broccoli, a veggie that I almost always have on hand. You can eat with a separate starch, too, if you want. My Cajun smothered potatoes would be awesome alongside it. Yep.
How to Make Keto Gluten Free Cajun Style Melt in Your Mouth Chicken with Broccoli in Your Kitchen
Start the Cajun style melt in your mouth chicken with broccoli by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F. Then, cut up the Cajun trinity veggies of onion, celery and red bell pepper, and lay them on the bottom of a well-greased 12-inch cast iron skillet:
Now, pour all of the chicken breast topping ingredients into a bowl:
And stir until well-combined:
Then, slather the mayo mixture on the chicken breasts. And arrange the frozen broccoli florets along the edges of the dish. Sprinkle it all with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, and pop it into the oven:
And bake until the top of the chicken is browned, for about 45 minutes. Or until a digital thermometer inserted into the largest portion of each breast reads 165 degrees F.
And then get your plates ready, y'all, because things are about to get real on your dinner table!
This keto and gluten free Cajun style melt in your mouth chicken with broccoli has it all, y'all!! Scrumptious flavors baked right into the tender and juicy chicken, and perfectly cooked veggies that make this a complete meal-in-one! And the colors, aren't they absolutely amazing??? ???
I personally can't wait to serve this to company now, as this dish is just as easy and stress-free as it is impressive and super delicious.
Share this Cajun style melt in your mouth chicken with those who take care of you just as well as you take care of them. And see y'all on the yum side...
Cajun Style Melt in Your Mouth Chicken with Broccoli
- 1 onion, chopped into large pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into large pieces
- 2 celery stalks, chopped into large pieces
- 2 large chicken breasts or 1 double chicken breast
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Zatarain's Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon gluten free hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen broccoli florets
- salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange the cut onion, bell pepper, and celery along the bottom of a well-greased 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- Pour the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Creole mustard, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried parsley flakes into a bowl.
- Stir until well-combined.
- Lay the chicken breasts over the veggies in the skillet.
- Spoon the mayonnaise mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Arrange the frozen broccoli florets around the perimeter of the skillet.
- Top the entire skillet contents with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a digital thermometer inserted into the thickest part of one of the breast reads 165 degrees F.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.