Buttery, flaky, and super simple to make, my 4-ingredient almond flour pie crust was made for your delectable dessert baking enjoyment, y'all. Superfine almond flour, melted salted butter, real vanilla extract, and sugar stir together in seconds. Then, a quick press into a pie pan followed by a few fork scores make the crust an oven-ready masterpiece. The perfect keeper for your favorite pie recipes, this pie crust yields a surprising 'normal' taste and texture that makes your grain or gluten free diet all that more easy and awesome. Yep and yay...
This One is Literally Easy as Pie, Y'all...
Almond flour pie crust is a naturally gluten free dessert base. This sweet pie crust is perfect for fruit pies that don't need an extended baking time.
However, you can also use a pie shield to protect the delicate crust from burning throughout longer bakes, such as the case with most types of cheesecakes.
You'll also love the quick prep time of this recipe, y'all. And the fact that it only takes four common kitchen ingredients to whip this gluten free pie crust with almond flour is a super big bonus, as well! Indeed.
Ingredient Essentials & Substitutions
- The star of this recipe show, super fine almond flour is made from blanched almonds. So, it gives the pie crust a light, airy texture and an even, visually consistent presentation. That said, use whatever type of almond flour that you have on hand, if necessary. You have to start somewhere, and you can always tweak the recipe later when you're armed with more information.
- I use salted butter in most of my gluten free dessert recipes. This one is no exception. Including it cuts down on the number of required ingredients, and also disperses the savory element throughout all of the other sweet ingredients beautifully. Add about ⅛ of salt to the ingredient list if unsalted butter is all that you have on hand.
- Granulated sugar works wonderfully in this recipe for almond flour pie crust. Substitutions will change the texture a bit, and may also accelerate the browning process in the oven. So, cover the crust loosely with aluminum foil if in a pinch you need to use brown sugar or even confectioner's sugar.
- Real vanilla extract adds just the right amount of sweet spice to the almond flour crust mixture. Use imitation vanilla with full confidence, too. The small amount called for will honestly only impact the recipe negatively if it's really old or of ridiculously low quality.
Make the almond flour pie crust prep process even easier by making it ahead. You can store the raw or cooked crust covered in the fridge for up to three days before use.
How to Make 4-Ingredient Almond Flour Pie Crust
Start by preheating the oven. Then, pour all of the ingredients into a large glass bowl.
Use a wooden spoon or plastic spatula to combine the ingredients. At this point, the almond flour pie crust mixture will be crumbly. It's supposed to be, and should look exactly like the picture below.
Now, use your hands to press it into a pie pan. Then, use a fork to poke holes around it so that it doesn't bubble while baking.
Finally, bake the almond flour pie crust for 12 minutes or so, or until it's baked through and lightly browned, especially around the edges.
And that's it, y'all!!
The first thing that you notice about this crust is its beautiful, straight-outta-the-oven presentation. Then, once you use it to make a pie, you experience how delightful this easy gluten free dessert base recipe is for yourself.
Use this almond flour pie crust recipe to share your best homemade desserts with those who love and support you throughout all of your efforts. Much food love, and see y'all on the yum side...
Almond Flour Pie Crust Recipes
Make these scrumptious desserts using this recipe.
Other Easy Gluten Free Desserts
If you like this recipe, you'll likely enjoy these other desserts, as well.
More Must-Have Recipes from This Blog
Get in the know about these gotta-make recipes from A Sprinkling of Cayenne.
NOTE: This post was originally published on September 2, 2020, and updated and republished on December 27, 2023.
Almond Flour Pie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour all of the ingredients into a large glass bowl.
- Stir until well-combined. (Mixture will be crumbly).
- Press into an ungreased glass pie pan.
- Use a fork to poke holes all throughout the pie crust to minimize or eliminate bubbles while baking.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until baked through and lightly browned.
The information shown is an estimate provided by a third-party, online computer-generated nutrition calculator, not a registered dietitian or certified nutritionist. Actual nutritional content will vary based upon brands used, measuring methods and individual portion sizes, along with other factors.See our full nutrition disclaimer here.