They might come and take my south Louisiana citizen card back for saying this, but I can’t eat rice too often. It upsets my stomach. Wish it didn’t, but it does, and so I can only eat it on very special occasions. Then, I have to live through the repercussions of eating it throughout the entire next day. Sigh. Kick. Scream. Lucky for me, it’s just as south Louisianian to pour gumbos, stews, and any other one pot dish over potato salad as it is to enjoy them over rice. I do that a lot, but I also like to lighten things up a bit with this creamy Cajun cauliflower salad sometimes, too. Rich, flavorful, and light on the tummy, this dish is also easy to ‘rice’ after you make it, if you want to make any dish feel more ‘normal.’
Disclosure: A Sprinkling of Cayenne is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Creamy Cajun Cauliflower Salad is Perfect for Week Nights and Lunches
When I’m not pouring a Cajun or Creole dish over it, I usually eat creamy Cajun cauliflower salad with grilled or baked chicken or pot roast. It’s also a yummy vegetarian lunch option that fills you up without weighing you down during work hours. You can make this gluten free side dish spicier by adding additional Creole mustard and cayenne pepper to the basic recipe. If you don’t want much spice at all, omit both of them and add a little more paprika to inject the dish with a slightly smoky flavor, if you so desire. Enjoy!!
Creamy Cajun Cauliflower Salad
- 1 large head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 3 hard-boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons GF ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika plus two pinches for garnish
- 1 minced garlic clove
- SP&C to taste
- Steam cauliflower until fork-tender. Drain, and pour into large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir until well-combined.
- Enjoy warm or refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.