My new best ever gluten free grilled ribeye steaks are the harmonious result of the perfect marinade and cook times, y'all. Liquid smoke pulls the Worcestershire and soy sauce flavors together, creating the perfect base for the citrus juice and herb infusions to intermingle beautifully. Hot coals and cast iron grates pull off the rest of the work, coaxing the marinade to cook right into each steak til its tender, juicy fall-off-of-the-bone perfection. Yep and yay...
The Changing Times Inspired a New Way for Me to Make Gluten Free Steak
It's funny how life changes without you even realizing it, huh? Since we've been in quarantine, I've grown to miss a whole lot of things that I previously took for granted. Like clothes shopping at my favorite store, and going to get my eyebrows waxed every few weeks. Just simple things that made me happy and feel more confident that are now off-limits to me in the way that I've always known them. When they do reopen again, things will have changed a bit. Just like everyone and everything around me has changed in some way, shape, or form.
However, I've noticed that other things have also changed in my life, as well. Things that have absolutely nothing to do with the current lockdown measures. Things that used to be habitual to me are now just things of the past. Things like Friday night steak nights around our house. Mark and I use to have them like clockwork, ushering out the work week with a glass of wine and a big, fat juicy steak.
That was years ago now. And to tell you the truth, we honestly just don't eat that much steak anymore. Our palates have moved on to eating more traditional Cajun dishes redone Lyn style. Or, lots of chicken dishes that leave us plenty for dinner and even more for next-day lunches.
The Perfect Steak Starts with the Perfect Gluten Free Steak Marinade
Well, that all changed when we scored a major sale on ribeye steaks recently. They were fresh, they were beautiful, and they gave us a 'let's dust off the grill and actually use it for a change' mentality. So, I decided that changing times called for a changing gluten free steak marinade. Yep. And I dug deep into my pantry and fridge to find the ideal ingredients for an unforgettable steak dinner. And while I was a little nervous at first, I think I nailed my mission, y'all!
Super flavorful and tender, these best ever gluten free grilled ribeye steaks are what our 'today' palates were craving. You likely have all or most of the marinade ingredients on hand, since they're gluten free staples. And, if you do need to go out to grab one or two items, they're quite common and usually easily accessible. Also, I wrote the recipe for two people. But, you can also double or even triple the recipe to feed your family without worry. This is one of those recipes that's forgiving, and well just downright easy. And also soooo good that you'll probably want to bookmark it for later, so you can share it with the people you love as soon as possible.
How to Make the Best Ever Gluten Free Grilled Ribeye Steaks
Start the best ever gluten free grilled ribeye steaks by pouring all of the marinade ingredients into a long, shallow plastic container. Stir well, and then submerge half of the steaks into the marinade. Flip every 30 minutes for at least two hours, but preferably until the three-hour sweet spot:
Get your grill ready and set to go over medium heat. Then, place the steaks on the grill, topping each with as much marinade as will stay on the meat. It cooks down into the meat while grilling. So, if you want to reapply during each approximate 5-minute flip, you can do so with confidence. It'll just the meat all that much more flavorful and tender, which is always a great thing!
When the steaks are done, rest for at least 5 to 10 minutes before plating. And then wait for the flavor bomb explosions to go off in your mouth like crazy, y'all. The gluten free Worcestershire and soy sauce bases are tied together perfectly by the liquid smoke, rosemary, and lime juice. The hot sauce, parsley, and cumin are all backup players that pop up from time to time with miniature flavor punches that take each bite right over the top.
I honestly can't think of a better way to say 'I missed you soooo much' to your friends and family members again than with this recipe, y'all. These best ever gluten free grilled ribeyes are the new normal around our house. And once you taste them, they'll likely become a part of your new normal, too.
Share these amazing gluten free grilled ribeye steaks with those who love you so much that they could never, ever live their lives without you in it. And see y'all on the yum side...
Best Ever Gluten Free Grilled Ribeye Steaks
- 2 bone-in ribeye steaks
For the Gluten Free Steak Marinade
- Pour all of the gluten free steak marinade ingredients into a large rectangular plastic dish.
- Stir until well-combined.
- Submerge the steaks into the marinade.
- Flip the steaks in the marinade every 30 minutes, for at least 2 hours but preferably 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill over medium heat.
- Remove steaks from marinade. Reserve the marinade.
- Place steaks onto the grill, leave alone for 5 minutes until nicely browned and charred.
- Turn the steaks over, let alone for 5 additional minutes. Repeat process until the steaks are cooked to your liking, using a digital thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each steak to test for doneness. Pour some of the marinade onto the steaks during the first two grill flips. The marinade will make the steaks more tender and flavorful throughout the grilling process.
- Steaks will likely be medium rare or 140 degrees F after the second to third flip. Cook for approximately 3 to 5 additional for medium range of 140 to 145 degrees F, or 6 for approximately to 9 additional minutes for medium-well range of 150 to 155 degrees F. Remember to use your digital thermometer, though, as there's no other way to test for doneness while grilling.
- When steaks are done, remove from grill and let rest at least 10 minutes before serving.
The information shown is an estimate provided by a third-party, online computer-generated nutrition calculator, not a registered dietitian or certified nutritionist. Actual nutritional content will vary based upon brands used, measuring methods and individual portion sizes, along with other factors.See our full nutrition disclaimer here.