These grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs are literally fire, y'all!! Trimmed of excess fat. Then, submerged into a pantry sauce-marinade featuring south Louisiana spices, Creole mustard, local molasses and cane vinegar, and gluten free soy sauce and Worcestershire. Finally, grilled for just a few minutes on each side until super flavorful, ultra-tender and juicy deliciousness. Yep and yay...
Spring Honestly Can't Come Fast Enough, Y'all...
This past south Louisiana winter was a brutal one. Yep. All cold, rainy, frosty and overall uncomfortable. Oh, and way, way TOO unpredictable. Ugh!!!
After all of these years, I'm used to layering my way through the 'stupid cold in the morning, sweater-weather at noon, and back-in-my-coat-scarf-and-gloves' at evening time. However, this winter threw us many curveballs that I wasn't expecting. Like jumping and dropping like 10 or more degrees in an hour. Raining down icicles on us. And, whistling, Jack Frostish winds that make me feel like I was far, far away on vacation up north in the mountains, y'all!
So, when the first sign of stable sunlight hit our back porch, I had Mark out shopping for charcoal. And immediately got busy in my kitchen making a marinade for these grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs.
Because we eat so much chicken around here that it seemed fitting to start this year's backyard barbecuing festivities with our top protein choice. And, so I could have a new ace-in-the-hole recipe for whipping up on busy weeknights. These grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs only take about 10 minutes to cook. And about another 10 to 20 minutes to prep for the marinade. So, this is definitely a recipe you'll want to keep on hand to get you straight out of those weeknight dinner jams.
Oh, and for impressing your weekend guests with an almost TOO easy boneless skinless bbq chicken thighs recipe. Cause this one is sooo flavorful, y'all. It's kind of spicy, and just a bit sweet. And, super full of spice highs and lows that just make you want more, more, more!! Indeed.
How to Make Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs
Start the grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs trimming the fat off of the poultry pieces. Then, grab all of the pantry ingredients:
Next, pour all of the sauce ingredients on top of the chicken:
And, mix until all of the pieces are fully submerged in the boneless chicken thigh marinade:
A couple of hours later, get the grill going. When ready, remove the garlic slices from the marinade. Then, transfer the chicken pieces directly from the bowl onto the grates:
After just a few minutes, flip the grilled boneless, skinless chicken thighs over. Then, cook up to the safe temperature and transfer to a serving plate:
And that's it, y'all!!
These grilled boneless chicken thighs are sooo incredibly tasty. All of the marinade ingredients come together to create a distinctly unforgettable flavor profile with pops of spiciness that gets cooled down a bit by the sugary molasses.
And the texture, too! Each piece literally melts in your mouth. So, you don't need a knife at all. Nope. Just a fork and a mouth and you're all set to experience the joys of these south Louisiana-style grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs.
Share with those who love you like they love their own soul. And see y'all on the yum side...
Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 tablespoons Crystal hot sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves, sliced horizontally
- 2 tablespoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Steen's cane vinegar, see notes
- 2 tablespoons Zatarain's Creole mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Place the trimmed boneless, skinless chicken breasts into a large bowl.
- Pour the remaining ingredients, except for the salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper, over the top of the chicken.
- Stir until all of the sauce ingredients are fully submerged into the chicken thigh pieces.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge and let come down to room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Add a small amount of salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste. Use the most restraint with the salt because both the gluten free soy and Worcestershire sauces have salt in them. But, since the salts in the packaged sauces hit your tongue on different places than table salt, you may want to add just a bit to balance out the salt flavors.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- When the grill is ready, remove the garlic slices from the bowl.
- Transfer the marinated boneless, skinless chicken thighs from the bowl to the grill, shaking off excess marinade before each transfer, if necessary.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side, using a digital thermometer to ensure that each chicken thigh reads 165 degrees F before removing from the grill.
- Serve immediately.