Rich, buttery, and spiked with a few shakes of south Louisiana hot sauce, this gluten free shrimp scampi pasta satisfies your craving for comfort food in just 30 minutes. Heed this loving forewarning though – this easy weeknight dinner is sooo good that you’ll probably want to make a double batch of it for your just-gotta-have-it-again lunch leftovers.
Disclosure: A Sprinkling of Cayenne is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Gluten Free Shrimp Scampi Pasta Answers the Ringing Hangry Bell
Although I love to spend all day in the kitchen preparing slow-cooked meals and soups, sometimes I just want to hurry up and eat so I can get right back to my life. On those days, I am not willing to settle for anything less but the best possible eats. Nope. So I sometimes take on a familiar classic and put my signature A Sprinkling of Cayenne spin on it to keep things fresh and lively around here.
So, when the hangry bell rang in my tummy the other day, I remembered that I had a pound of shrimp in the fridge just begging to be seasoned and cooked. With shrimp in hand, I rounded up a stick of butter and a bag of gluten free spaghetti with the other hand, and set about transforming shrimp scampi pasta into my own ever-so-slightly spicy gluten free version.
This version satisfies with a few extras not usually found in traditional shrimp scampi pasta recipes. And, in true southern fashion, it calls for more butter – ok, a lot more butter – to intensify the flavors of the dish, and make it all that much more rich and drool-worthy.
Trust me, throw any hesitations you might have about the butter out of the nearest window. Cause look at the cooked sauce in the cast iron skillet without the spaghetti…
And then look at the gluten free shrimp scampi pasta sauce once you stir the noodles into it….
See what happened to the sauce? The pasta soaked it ALL up, so each bite yields a super buttery, oh soo garlicky delicious taste and texture that makes this dish oh sooo good and different from its normal preparation. Yep, and see y’all on the yum side…
Gluten Free Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- 8 to 10 ounces gluten free spaghetti or pasta
- 1 pound medium to large raw shrimp peeled and deviened
- salt black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
- zest and juice of one large lemon
- 6 chopped garlic chives or chives
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Sweet & Spicy Sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 15- ounce can artichoke hearts drained and rough-chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons drained jarred pimentos optional
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or shrimp stock
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook gluten free pasta to package directions. Drain.
- Season shrimp with SP&C, 1/3 of the lemon zest, and 1 teaspoon of the garlic chives.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
- Pour olive oil into the pan when the butter is almost melted.
- Shake Tabasco Sweet & Spicy Sauce into the pan, then add garlic, artichokes, pimentos, lemon juice, and chives. Cook for two minutes, stirring often.
- Pour in 1/3 cup chicken broth, then add shrimp.
- Poach shrimp in garlic butter sauce mixture for 4 to 6 minutes, depending on size, or until opaque. Adjust SP&C, if necessary.
- Add gluten free pasta to skillet, coating each piece well with the shrimp garlic butter sauce.
- Let sit for 2 minutes before serving.