My easy homemade Cajun crackers put a whole new feisty spin on savory snack times, y'all!! Buttery gluten free crackers stay on standby as the olive oil, south Louisiana spices and gluten free ranch dressing combine in the bowl. Then, a bit of sauce goes down on the bottom of the skillet to ensure optimal double-sided flavor bomb combustions. Finally, the cracker seasoning mixture is basted on with a brush to ensure that every warm, oven-toasted crumb is spice-kicked to perfection. Yep and yay...
It's All About That Spicy Crunchiness, Y'all...
When it comes to savory snacking, nothing beats a good cracker, eh? And, when you're gluten free because you have to be, having recipes that let you transform your favorite GF cracker into a company-worthy appetizer is just about as good as it gets. Yep.
Mark brought a bag of these scrumptious gluten free entertainment crackers home the other day. And, they were deliciously light-as-air, y'all! I was soooo impressed that I also had him pick up another bag during his next shopping trip.
I had long had a craving for Cajun crackers, which are south Louisiana-spice studded crackers that you season and bake. They're super easy, y'all. And so incredibly tasty that they become instantly addictive. They're also super versatile. So, you can serve spicy Cajun crackers by themselves for a treat. Or, you can amp them up by pairing with dips and spreads to experience their full flavor bomb effect.
This spicy Cajun crackers recipe is perfect for when you have unexpected or short-notice guests, too. They are made of mostly pantry ingredients. So, you can whip up a batch in no time for a year-round snack or appetizer with bells on. Indeed.
How to Make Cajun Crackers
Start the Cajun crackers by pouring all of the necessary ingredients into bowls:
Keep the crackers aside. Then, pour all of the remaining ingredients into a bowl:
Now, stir until combined:
Then, pour a bit of the sauce onto the bottom of two of your cast iron skillets or large rimmed baking sheet:
Spread it out along the bottoms:
Then, arrange the gluten free crackers along the bottom of the skillets:
Then, use a basting brush to gently coat each GF cracker with the south Louisiana spice and olive oil mixture:
Finally, bake for just a few minutes.
And that's it, y'all!
The first thing you notice about these Cajun crackers are their insanely sassy flavor profile. Then, as each one literally melts into your tongue, you relish in the perfect baking time that's just right for more delicate GF cracker formulations.
And, by your last bite, you're wondering what you will serve these delectable, unforgettable Cajun crackers with next. The possibilities really are endless, y'all. And, the minimal prep work is literally joyous and fun.
Share these Cajun crackers with those whose presence ignites a fire within your spirit. And see y'all on the yum side...
Dip & Spread Pairings for Cajun Crackers
- 6 ounces gluten free crackers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon gluten free ranch dressing
- ½ teaspoon dried paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Crystal hot sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Pour the olive oil, GF ranch dressing, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, hot sauce, salt and black pepper into a bowl.
- Stir the mixture until well-combined.
- Pour about ⅓ of the mixture onto the bottom of two cast iron skillets or a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Arrange the gluten free crackers gently over the bottom of the mixture in the skillets or baking dish.
- Use a basting brush to baste the GF crackers with the olive oil/spice mixture. If you need a bit more oil to cover all of the crackers, add the oil to the remaining spices to finish the basting process.
- Bake the Cajun crackers for 10 minutes, then remove them from the oven and let them cool for an additional 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply