Cool, food-sexy, and sassy, my Cajun marinated cucumber salad takes the sting out of summer, y'all. Thinly sliced garden cucumbers and roasted red peppers soak in a 5-minute marinade in your fridge til they're fall-apart tender and swollen with yum-delicious zestiness. Yep and yay...
It's Warm-Weather Wonderful, Y'all...
Cajun marinated cucumber salad is an easy prep summertime dish that features south Louisiana veggies and pantry staples. This amazingly refreshing dish only takes a couple of hours to reach optimal taste and texture scrumptiousness.
And, it keeps in the fridge for a few days. So, you have ample opportunity to treat yourself to an impromptu cool-down session throughout your busy schedule.
Featuring a can't-get-enough-of-it mix of feisty flavors cooled down by just a hint of sweetness, this salad is the one to make in big batches to impress your peeps. Indeed.
- Peeled cucumbers are the best to use because they stay the freshest throughout multiple days of refrigeration.
- You'll need Cajun trinity veggies, parsley, green onions, and garlic. These provide loads of flavor and texture to the dish that you just don't want to miss!
- I used local cane vinegar in the original creation of this recipe. But you can also use apple cider vinegar or white vinegar, as well.
- Roasted red peppers lend a bold pop of color to the salad. However, you can leave it out if you just don't have it on hand.
- Pantry staples such as hot sauce, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and cayenne round out the ingredient essentials for this recipe.
How to Make Cajun Marinated Cucumber Salad
To begin, whisk the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
Then, stir the veggies into the marinade.
Finally, add the cucumber slices to the mixture. Then, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours til the flavors marry.
And that's it, y'all!!
The first thing that you notice about this Cajun marinated cucumber salad is its stunning beauty. Then, as you take your first bite you're stunned by the incredible depths of flavors and textures that you're experiencing at one time.
By the end of your first bowl, you're already thinking about your next one. And so on and so on, y'all. Yep, it's that good. And so, so cooling on those too-stupid-hot summer days.
Share with those whose unyielding love cools down all the fiery storms of your life. And see y'all on the yum side...
Yes, you can add more fresh, raw cucumbers to the marinade at any time within the 3-day refrigeration window.
Store the salad covered in an airtight container for up to three days in the fridge.
Use a slotted spoon to serve the salad so that you do not end up with too much liquid in each bowl.
You may also like these other salad recipes.
Note: This post was originally published on June 19, 2018, and updated and republished on June 21, 2023.
Cajun Marinated Cucumber Salad
For the Marinade
For the Salad
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons jarred roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together in a medium-sized glass bowl with a fitted lid.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and toss to combine.
- Cover the bowl, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to three days.
The information shown is an estimate provided by a third-party, online computer-generated nutrition calculator, not a registered dietitian or certified nutritionist. Actual nutritional content will vary based upon brands used, measuring methods and individual portion sizes, along with other factors.See our full nutrition disclaimer here.