Yum to the tum, y’all!! All by themselves, these easy Cajun marinated mushrooms are a feisty and addictive low carb snack. But, once you top a steak, baked potato, rice, or steamed veggie with them, well my friends, then you got yourself something special that makes mealtime a more festive occasion.
Easy Cajun Marinated Mushrooms Are For Every Day Eats or Special Occasion Treats
So, what goes with marinated mushrooms? Well, their beautiful presentation makes them perfect for a fancy appetizer platter. These easy Cajun marinated mushrooms are also ideal for ‘waking up’ more humble, rustic fare. Think fish, chicken, salads, and day-old leftovers that need a kick in the ‘mushrooms’ addition to remain palatable.
Think outside of any box that your culinary spirit might live within. Then, get down to munching on these tangy mushrooms whenever you need a little something-something to turn boring food into bite after bite of yummy and tangy bliss.
After you prep all of the ingredients, cool the mushroom marinade mixture for a bit before you refrigerate them. (The oil looks thin when you make them, but thickens to the perfect consistency in the fridge.) These easy Cajun marinated mushrooms are ready to eat after 8 hours, but I find that they taste their best on the third day of covered storage in the coldest part of the refrigerator. Enjoy, and see ya’ll on the yum side…
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
- 1 pound button or cremini mushrooms, quartered lengthwise
- salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons drained and chopped jarred pimentos
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon Zatarain's Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- additional salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste, optional
- Boil quartered mushrooms in 4 inches of water seasoned with SP&C. Drain.
- Cook trinity - onions, bell pepper, and celery - for about 10 minutes in the 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, or until soft and slightly browned, .
- Add drained boiled mushrooms and remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate in a tightly covered glass dish for at least 8 hours, and up to 3 days before serving.