How do you like your thighs? Chicken thighs, that is…I like my thighs boneless, cooked to perfection with a few charred spots, then covered with a sweet and spicy sauce featuring a hint of fresh lime. These honey Tabasco lime broiled chicken thighs are tender and succulent, and go from prep to the dinner table in less than an hour (30 minutes if you skip the quick marinade).
Disclosure: A Sprinkling of Cayenne is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
The Story Behind Honey Tabasco Lime Broiled Chicken Thighs
I am just now making friends with my broiler. I’ve usually kept a safe distance from it, knowing its power, but just not believing that I’d actually look forward to eating meat roasted at that stupid-high of a temperature. Broiled meat just seemed so archaic to me, so over with, so something just not cool that I was too cool to do.
And I was scared of the broiler, too. Honestly just plain scared of it. Anybody with me? It gets HOT in there. Really, really hot.
Then one day my rumbling stomach led me to peak into the fridge and find a pack of boneless chicken thighs. I was hangry, y’all. I needed food quick. I thought that if I whipped up a sauce any impending broiler fail might still be palatable.
So I developed a yummy sauce really quickly with honey, Tabasco, and a few other ingredients.
Then, I got distracted from my hunger pangs, and decided that I would marinate the chicken thighs for 30 minutes before bravely placing them under the broiler.
About fifteen minutes later, while experiencing the awesome tenderness and incredible flavors of this chicken, I wondered why I had ever cooked chicken thighs any other way. Yep.
These honey Tabasco lime broiled chicken thighs have a rich flavor composition that alternates between oh-so-sweet and ooh-that’s-a-little-spicy. And they’re super tender, too. Because of these thighs, I’m not scared of my broiler anymore. Nope. Yum and Yay.
Honey Tabasco Lime Broiled Chicken Thighs
- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten free chicken broth
- Honey Tabasco Lime Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- Garnish and Flavor Enhancer
- generous chopped parsley garnish to top broiled chicken thighs don't skip it, it pulls all of the flavors together
- Stir all marinade ingredients until well-combined in a bowl. Rub into chicken. Marinade for 30 minutes. (It will still taste great if you don't have time to marinate it.)
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Reserve 1/3 of the sauce to pour over the cooked chicken thighs.
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange marinated chicken thighs on the bottom of a greased cast iron skillet or baking sheet.
- Broil for 4 1/2 minutes.
- Pour 1/3 of the sauce over the chicken. Broil for an additional 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan, turn the thighs, and broil for 4 1/2 minutes. Baste the thighs with the other 1/3 of the sauce, then broil for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Arrange on a plate.
- Drizzle the remaining 1/3 of the sauce over the thighs, then garnish with a generous amount of chopped fresh parsley before serving.